I assist legal practitioners on PPSA matters affecting their clients.
In the case of Maiden Civil (P&E) Pty Ltd, Re  NSWSC 852, Breretron J of the New South Wales Supreme Court stated: “The Commonwealth Parliament, in enacting legislation that was modeled on the New Zealand and Canadian legislation, should be taken to have intended the same approach, which was by then well-established in Canada and New Zealand, to apply.”
In contrast to Canada and New Zealand, Australia is a relatively new PPSA jurisdiction with fewer decisions and experienced practitioners to guide effective solutions to the complex issues arising under the PPSA. I was a PPSA practitioner for many years in both Canada and New Zealand. Australian practitioners, therefore, can draw from my experience with the more substantial PPSA record in Canada and New Zealand.
Contact me to assist in resolving the PPSA issues confronted by your client in a cost-effective and timely manner. I can provide a quick, confident answer to your query or a more detailed legal opinion on a more significant issue. I also assist in transactional matters by drafting security agreements, loan agreements, and other credit documents, providing advice on finance transactions and registering financing statements on the PPSR (Personal Property Securities Register).
- Barristers by providing research memoranda, advices, expert evidence and solutions to complex PPSA issues;
- Solicitors in small, medium and boutique practices who don’t have the time or the resources to get up to speed with imminent PPSA or financing matters faced by their clients;
- Law firms by providing PPSA training sessions to their legal staff;
- Law firms as a referral when they were conflicted on a PPSA matter.
Here’s how I can help:
- You will receive accurate, confident and timely advice which I can provide due to my extensive knowledge of the issues, case law, legislation and policy in the relevant three PPSA jurisdictions.
- As a sole-practitioner with low overheads, I have a cost-effective hourly rate.
- As a specialised, sole-practitioner, I won’t interfere with your client relationships.
- You can avoid potential negligence claims by retaining me to provide specialist advice.
Contact me to arrange an appointment.